Military Spouse Magazine’s September issue is going to be all about deployment, and for the first time they will offer a National Guard/Reservist section!
They’ve asked me to write an article about how reservists deal with deployment. My deadline’s quick, so I could really use your help!
If you’re the wife of a reservist or National Guard member, please take a few moments to answer the following 5 questions. Email me at email@example.com with the subject line MilSpouse and don’t forget to include your name, husband’s branch, and what state you’re from.
1. What was the biggest adjustment you had to make when your husband was activated?
2. Were you able to get involved with a wives support group or FRG? Why or why not? Did it help?
3. What tips would you give other reservist and NG wives who are dealing with deployment?
4. How was your spouse’s civilian employer during the deployment? Helpful? Not helpful? Supportive? Not supportive?
5. What was the most challenging thing about the military that you had to learn/get acquainted with as a result of the deployment?
(cross-posted at faithatthefront.blogspot.com)